Beni Wild Harvest & fruit compote
Beni Wild Harvest
|Preparation time:||20 minutes|
- Mix egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the cream, milk and orange zest gently to a boil, remove from the heat, add the chocolate pieces and stir until it has melted
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate cream and stir well. Return it to the stove and cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring continuously until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour into pots or ramekins and leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- For the compote, pour the blood orange juice into a small saucepan and add sugar. Gently heat until the sugar dissolves and the juice starts to thicken. Add the blood orange segments and the Grand Marnier, stir well and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the compote on top of the pots and decorate with chocolate curls made with a peeler.
Thanks for this amazing recipe to pastry chef Phil Usher.
4 egg yolks
90g caster sugar + 1 teaspoon for the compote
190ml whipping cream
125g Original Beans Beni Wild Harvest 66%, broken into pieces
3 Blood Oranges, 1 juiced, 2 grated and segmented
A splash of Grand Marnier