Cardamom Chili Truffles with Cru Virunga
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
- Place the chocolate and a pinch of sea salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, sugar, cardamom, chili powder and rum to the boil and stir for a minute. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate pieces and use a spatula to stir continuously until the chocolate has completely melted and you have a smooth and glossy ganache. Let the ganache cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge for 3 hours, until set.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and place the cocoa in a small bowl. Remove the chilled ganache from the fridge. Scoop a teaspoon of the ganache, dust your fingertips in cocoa and use them to quickly roll the ganache into a cocoa-covered ball.
- Pop the truffle on the greaseproof paper and continue with the remainder of the ganache. Garnish with a scant pinch of chili flakes.
- Serve immediately. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze them and defrost as needed.
Thanks for this amazing recipe to Shivi Ramoutar. Visit her Blog for more inspiration!
150g Original Beans Cru Virunga 70%, broken into small pieces
a pinch of sea salt
150g double cream
60g light muscovado sugar
1-1/2 tsp ground green cardamom
1-1/2 tsp chili powder
a small dash of good quality dark rum
30g cocoa, for dusting
a scant pinch of chili flakes, roughly chopped