Chocolate-caramel spread with Beni Wild Harvest
|Serves:||4 (4 jars)||
Beni Wild Harvest
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
- Heat the water in a small bowl to 40°C-50°C, slowly add the jam sugar and stir well.
- Put the cream, glucose syrup, vanilla pulp and pod, salt, bicarbonate and jam sugar mix in a saucepan and heat up to 90°C. Remove the saucepan from the stove and let sit for a while.
- In another saucepan, caramelise the 110g sugar. Remove the vanilla pod from the cream. Deglaze the caramel with the hot cream mix and stir until all lumps are gone.
- To test if the caramel is thick enough: put a spoon full on a plate and hold it at an angle. If the caramel moves slowly, it is ready to be further processed. If it is still fluid, allow it to reduce a little more.
- Remove the caramel from the stove. Carefully melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave. Add the hazelnut paste to the chocolate. Pour about 1/3 of the caramel over the melted chocolate and beat until creamy.
- Add the other 1/3 of the caramel and stir well. Pour in sterilised jam jars.
- Put the jars in a water bath for 20 minutes to preserve. If available, use a pressure cooker. Leave the jars to cool down and enjoy!
This is a variation of a recipe from the book Chocolate by Roman Morato. Published by courtesy of Nele Eble, Pralinenwahnsinn.
65g jam sugar 2:1
570g homogenised cream
30g glucose syrup
½ vanilla pod with the pulp scraped out
80g Original Beans Beni Wild Harvest 66%, melted
30g hazelnut paste