Cru Virunga ice cream with pepper topping
|Serves:||4 (1l ice cream)||
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
- Put the Cru Virunga in a heatproof bowl.
- Slowly heat up milk and mascarpone in a pan until steaming but not boiling. Add the cacao powder. Pour the hot cocoa over the chocolate, wait a few minutes and then mix well.
- Mix the egg yolks and the sugar. Slowly stir in the chocolate mix. When everything is mixed well, pour the mass into the pan. Heat up carefully until the mass thickens. Stir constantly and take care that it doesn’t boil.
- Pour the mass through a sieve and let it cool to room temperature. Stir from time to time. Leave the ice cream in the fridge overnight.
- Then, freeze the ice cream in an ice cream maker and afterwards leave in the freezer for 2 or 3 hours.
- For the pepper topping: crush the pepper in a mortar and sprinkle atop the ice cream.
Thanks for this amazing recipe to Nele Eble!
2 egg yolks
88g fine sugar
50g cocoa powder
150g Original Beans Cru Virunga 70%
Finely chopped pepper, e.g. Kampot pepper (wild red pepper)