Taste all places
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a baking tin 18cmx28cm with grease-proof paper.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a small pan of simmering water on a very low heat, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t come into contact with the water.
- Pop the butter and 200g of Edel Weiss into this bowl and gently melt, stirring often. (Don’t try to speed up this process by turning the heat up, otherwise the chocolate may split. But don’t worry if it does split, as mixing it well with the eggs and sugar in the steps below will ‘re-emulsify’ it). Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and the sugar, until well mixed.
- Beat the melted chocolate and butter into the egg and sugar, a little at a time, until the mixture is even and well combined. Stir through the passionfruit pulp and seeds, and the passionfruit syrup, then the desiccated coconut.
- Carefully fold in the flour and then the chopped chocolate. Gently pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking tin, shake it gently to level and pop into the oven for 25-35 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownies comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes, then carefully transfer to a board to cut into squares or rectangles. Serve warm or leave to cool before storing in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Thanks for this amazing recipe to Shivi Ramoutar. Visit her Blog for more inspiration!
150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
200g Original Beans Edel Weiss, broken into pieces, plus 70g roughly chopped into chunks
4 medium-sized eggs (use free-range for best results)
160g golden caster sugar
3 peeled passion fruits
2 tbsp passionfruit syrup
50g desiccated coconut
150g plain flour