Ice Cream Whoopies
with Original Beans Edel Weiss and Cru Udzungwa
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
- On the evening before, freeze the containers of the ice cream maker.
- For the white chocolate ice cream, mix sour cream, mascarpone, sugar and the scraped out core of the vanilla pod and heat the mixture carefully (don’t bring to the boil). Add the white chocolate buttons and mix until they are completely dissolved.
- Leave the mixture to cool, mount the ice cream maker and fill in the mixture. When the cream is ready, freeze it.
- For the cookies, preheat the oven to 150°C. Dissolve the chocolate in a water bath. In the meantime, mix all the remaining ingredients. Then add the warm chocolate.
- Form 24 balls (2-3cm) from the dough and distribute them on two baking trails. Bake for 15 min. Leave to cool.
- Now mount the whoopies: Put one ball of ice cream between two cookies. Additionally, you can roll them in chocolate chips or nibs. Enjoy immediately or freeze.
Thanks to the German bloggers from Cookthebooth for this amazing recipe!
White chocolate ice cream
- 300g cream
- 100g sour cream
- 100g mascarpone
- 50g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 200g Edel Weiss 37 % chocolate buttons