with Piura Porcelana
|Difficulty:||You're a chef now|
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
The Sponge Cake
- Melt the chocolate together with the butter over a warm water bath.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Add four table spoons of warm water to the egg yolks, as well as the sugar and the salt. Blend everything into a creamy mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate butter mixture.
- Beat the egg whites and add them to egg yolks.
- Mix flour, starch and baking powder. Pass the mixture through a sieves into the egg mixture. Mix everything slowly and carefully into one homogeneous mixture.
- Spread the dough on a sheet of baking paper and bake it by 200 degrees for 15 minutes in the lower third of the oven.
- Take the cake out of the oven and put a second sheet of baking paper onto it. Let it cool down.
- Cut a circle that matches the outer rim of a bowl. Add one centimeter around this diameter. Cut one centimeter wide stripes out of the rest of the dough.
- Line the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Put the sponge cake stripes tightly next to each other into the bowl. Let the stripes end (or cut them) one centimeter before the rim.
The Gooseberry Cream:
- Wash the gooseberries. Heat them up in a pot with the sugar, the syrup, two tablespoons of water. Wait until the fruits burst.
- Puree the fruits and pass the puree through a sieve. Let the puree cool.
- Soak the gelantine in cold water. Dissolve the gelantine while simmering it in a pot on the stove. Add two to four tablespoons of the gooseberry puree and stir continuously. Make sure to have no little lumps.
- Mix the gelantine and the rest of the puree. Put it in the fridge to rest.
- Whip the cream with the vanilla sugar and fold in the gooseberry gelantine mixture when it starts to gel.
- Fill the gooseberry cream into the bowl with the sponge cake.
- Leave it in the fridge to solidify.
The Red Gooseberry Cream:
- Make the red gooseberry cream in the same manner as the yellow gooseberry cream.
- Add the red gooseberry cream to the yellow one in the bowl, as soon as the yellow cream solidified.
- Add the sponge cake circle on top of the red gooseberry cream. Press gently.
- Let the cake solidify in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate over a warm water bath.
- Turn the bowl with the cake quickly around to put it on a cooling rack.
- Cover the cake with chocolate and garnish it with berries and mint leaves.
- Keep the cake in the fridge until serving it.
Thanks to Claudia Anke for this amazing recipe! Visit her blog Kochyoga for more inspiration!
100 g Piura Porcelana 75%
20 g butter
125 g sugar
1 pinch of salt
100 g flour
50 g starch
½ tsp. baking powder
500 g yellow gooseberries
4 tbsp. sugar
2 tbsp. elderflower syrup
9 leaves white gelatine
300 g cream
8 g vanilla sugar
Red Gooseberry Cream:
250 g red gooseberries
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla sugar
4 leaves gelantine
150 g cream
150 g Piura Porcelana 75%