Truffes á la Crème
|Preparation time:||30 minutes and up|
- Roughly chop 150g of the chocolate
- Heat up the heavy cream and take it away from the stove. Add the chocolate and let it melt.
- Add the whiskey and stir until smooth. Let it cool until it is almost solid.
- Break little pieces, as big as cherries, from the solid mass. Form little balls and let them set.
- Chop finely 40g of the chocolate. The finer the better.
- Chop and melt the remaining 110g of chocolate for the coating of the truffles.
- Coat the truffles with the melted chocolate and roll them immediately in the finely chopped chocolate bits.
- Let the truffles cool completely .
- After one or two days of drying in room temperature, the truffles are ready to enjoy.
- It is possible to use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate. While using milk chocolate it is important to reduce the amount of heavy cream to 50 or 60g.
- If the melted chocolate gets too chewy to coat the truffles, add cacao butter. (This might be especially the case while using milk chocolate).
Thanks to Andreas Wildvang for this amazing recipe!
300 g Original Beans Dark Chocolate
90 g Heavy Cream
10 ml Whiskey